Homeowner Associations » Commercial Property

Submitting a Claim for Commercial Property Insurance

If damage is sustained to an owner’s unit, they should immediately identify the cause and do what is necessary to stop further damage from occurring. For example, if there is a burst water pipe, they should immediately shut off all water valves and clean up all affected areas. If there is roof damage causing water intrusion, immediately tarp block the hole and clean up all affected areas. Contact the board or management company so that they can contact a vendor to repair and remediate the damaged portion. They should also contact the insurance broker so that he/she can notify the carrier of a possible claim and an adjustor can be assigned. Depending on the severity of damage and the deductible for the association, coverage may not fall under the association’s policy, at which time the owner should contact their personal lines agent.



Designed by: